CME INDIA Presentation by Admin.
The Difference a Year Makes.
Dr. N. K. Singh:
The CME INDIA website was officially inaugurated on 7th December 2020 by Shri Harivansh Narayan Singh, Dy. Chairman, Rajya Sabha. He highlighted how CME INDIA’s judicious use of technology has contributed significantly to the advancement of scientific knowledge. However, on constant demand of CME INDIA members, the trial version of the website was launched on 19th August 2020.
Since then, the acceptance and reliability of this site attracted the attention of physicians world over. I am highly grateful to all our viewers, contributors and well-wishers for encouragement who hailed the digital transformation of medical science.
CME INDIA is a unique knowledge platform that focuses on the Continuous Medical Education of internal medicine physicians and super specialists. The content on the platform is curated by the medical professionals who are a part of one of its six WhatsApp groups. This leads to dynamic discussions and a rich pool of documented knowledge for the future.
CME INDIA WhatsApp groups had been active since 2016, but their presence became pivotal in the COVID times as medical professionals across the world struggled to deal with the notorious virus. Medical guidelines were changing overnight and created tremendous confusion. Thus, the medical fraternity leveraged the presence of the CME INDIA groups to better understand the virus and discuss possible treatments. These discussions have been used in making national policies and modifications in treatment protocols as well.
In the span one year the webpage has been visited by millions of visitors with many CME INDIA articles going viral across the globe. The Digital Transformation of CME INDIA – Groups with limited participants – to a platform for all medical professionals has been carried out by Mr. Rishav Manaswi, Founder (Dynamic Cognition), MBA, (France). He is responsible the fluid design of the website as well as the content management. He made it possible to launch and maintain the site on a day-to-day basis. He is doing a commendable job indeed.
Mr. Rishav Manaswi:
When I first heard about the CME INDIA WhatsApp group, I was pursuing my MBA (Specialization – Digital Business) in France. This was in 2016. I had liked the concept but had no idea how it will go on to develop. I had many other things to take care of at that point of time. I ended up pursuing some projects after my MBA in India and Denmark that helped me refine my understanding of how businesses were functioning well – and in some cases terribly – in the 21st century internet age.
Back in 2020, I was working on some different digital project, when over a discussion, it became apparent that we needed to take CME INDIA from a concept that was functioning merely on WhatsApp groups to a much wider audience. After all, how many WhatsApp groups could you run? So, on 10th August 2020, I started designing the cmeindia.in portal and we quietly launched on 19th August 2020.
To me, some of the things were very clear from the start:
- Medical professionals were struggling with how Covid was behaving and the guidelines were changing frequently. Thus, there was a lot of confusion.
- A faster feedback system was necessary to discuss the future course of action. This already existed via the WhatsApp groups, but the output of those discussions was available only to the members of the groups.
- Those key discussions needed to be exported to a much wider audience so that doctors could implement the important points in their practice.
- Though there were thousands of medical portals, there was a possibility that our fast response – backed by the WhatsApp feedback mechanism – would actually fill a void – a real need.
- With the kind of bench-strength we had, it will be hell (I ended up working all my free time: Everyday – 10p.m. – 2a.m.).
For me it was more of a side-project that I started putting in 4 hours to. But, it was necessary given the Covid situation. Sometimes I worked more. On some days little less. Gradually cmeindia.in became a part of my everyday life – still is.
It took herculean effort to get all our Covid-19 guidelines out on time. But looking back I am happy that together we have been able to do something that is valuable to other people.
The best wins in the world create multiple winners. This is how I have always thought of cmeindia.in. We have the following winners:
- Medical Practitioners who are a part of CME INDIA – They get to discuss whatever is bothering them.
- Contributing Authors – They get to reach a wider audience.
- Our Audience – They get to read important discussions and guidelines that help them in their daily practice.
- Us – Our hard work allows us to bring in so many people together to create an outcome that is much bigger than us.
In life, some things we should do with other people in mind. This is the true source of happiness – all ancient cultures have known that. cmeindia.in is one of those things for me. The sun never shines for itself.
Some Feedback for CME INDIA over the last year:
Discover CME INDIA
- Explore CME INDIA Repository
- Examine CME INDIA Case Study
- Read History Today in Medicine
- Register for Future CMEs