CME INDIA Presentation by Admin.
CME INDIA coins 16th January as Happy COVID-19 vaccination Day.
- This day will be a historic day when 3 lakh healthcare workers get vaccine shots on Day 1 Pan-India.
- “Take up one idea, make that one idea your life. Think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” – Swami Vivekananda
- This journey tells of a story of acting beyond narrow self-interest, embracing a collaborative, global approach and enormous effort to deal complex logistics. From today it is a dream come true to give shots to an estimated one crore healthcare workers and around two crore frontline workers on priority basis. Later persons above 50 years of age, followed by persons younger than 50 years of age with associated comorbidities will get the shot.
- We are marching ahead to make COVIDOLOGY a dead science soon.
PM Modi virtually kicks-off COVID-19 vaccine drive, launches Co-WIN app on Jan 16:
- The virtual launch of the pan-India COVID-19 vaccination drive will be considered a milestone.
- The official launch of the Co-WIN app will be very important to tackle the hurdles.
- The first 100 million doses have been offered at Rs 200 per dose to the government later the Serum Institute will sell the coronavirus vaccine at Rs 1,000 per dose to private players.
Both COVASHIELD and COVAXIN allocated
- All 1.65 crore doses of Covid-19 vaccines — 1.1 crore of Covishield and 55 lakh of Covaxin — procured by the Centre have been allocated to all states and UTs in proportion to their healthcare workers database
- Of the 55 lakh doses of indigenously developed Covaxin of Bharat Biotech ordered by the Centre, the first tranche of 2.4 lakh doses has been dispatched to 12 states. Covaxin has been sent to 12 sites — one each in Ganavaram, Guwahati, Patna, Delhi, Kurukshetra, Bengaluru, Pune, Bhubaneswar, Jaipur, Chennai, Lucknow and Hyderabad (As per Health Official Source)
Remembering this day – CME INDIA
Dr H D Sharan, Sr Cardiologist, Ranchi:
- We are going to witness the beginning of the largest vaccination program ever attempted. On 16th Jan, India will start vaccinating its citizens against COVID-19 that will cover 138 crore population of India. Get yourself registered on the Co win app of GOI whenever it is activated by the authorities. The health workers are already registered but not their family members.
- I still have doubts about Covaxin produced by Bharat Biotec only because of the fact that the phase 3 trial of the vaccine has not even started. This is the first time that EUA has been given to a vaccine before phase 3 trial. Dr. Kang, Microbiologist from CMC, Vellore has clearly said that this decision has brought us at par with China and Russia and that our scientific credibility has taken a serious blow.
- On top of this, the government has also said that the people will not get to decide which brand they will take.
- If not anything else, the process of authorization has not been transparent and this will give an opportunity to the anti-vaccine lobby to spread misinformation.
- In New York, lot of vaccine was wasted because not enough people were turning up for vaccination and once a vial is opened, it has to be used within 4 hours. The government had to enlarge the group to minimize the waste. This is the response in a country that is seeing more than 2 hundred thousand cases daily and faced the main brunt of the disease in the initial phase of Pandemic.
- Opacity in decision making can create similar situation in India where getting people to the vaccination booth has always been a problem. We have seen it with the Pulse Polio program.
- The pandemic is definitely receding in India with less than 20 thousand new patients daily. There is also no evidence of fear among the masses.
- I will definitely get vaccinated if Covishield is offered to me. Cannot say the same for Covaxin. This decision is going to be very difficult to make.
- In the meantime, I can only hope and pray that Covaxin proves to be safe and effective and the people do not have to pay for this misadventure.
Dr Akash Singh, Spandan Multi Speciality Hospital, Manjalpur, Vadodara:
- On this Happy COVID-19 vaccination day, I wish to congratulate the world scientific community to have come up with a safe and effective vaccine in a record number of days, possibly the shortest time frame for a vaccine to be developed ever in the history of mankind.
- And rightly so. Since Dec 10, 2019, when the outbreak of COVID19 was first reported in Wuhan, China and we watched the horrible images of the disease and disaster on humans it caused, little did we contemplate that this virus would gradually spread over the entire world causing it to be declared a Pandemic on 11th March 2020 by the WHO and little did we know that it would change the entire code of conduct in the world in which we live. All our predictions, technologies could hardly contain this deadly virus and we had to bear the brunt of it on the health, economic and social fronts. We all have ridden a roller and coaster ride in the past year with the cases of COVID19 skyrocketing and then abated, with the first wave, second wave, and the third of COVID19 illness appearing and keeping us guessing all the time.
- We doctor, as the frontline warriors, in the COVID19, pandemic were the worst affected and this disease caused maximum mortality and morbidity in the medics and paramedics lives.
- The entire world looked upon the vaccine researchers to end this state of uncertainty and to help bring some semblance of the pre-2020 life back to us. There have been immense efforts from several researchers, organizations, governments in the field of COVID19 vaccine developments and these intense efforts seem to be bearing fruit at last. The previous years of technology in vaccine development, with robust help from the advanced IT technology, far better developed medical sciences all have come in handy to roll out 4-5 types of vaccines all over the world and a couple of them being produced in India in what appears to be a major contribution of the Indian scientists to mankind. These vaccines are being rolled out with minimum profits, are absolutely affordable for anybody.
- There are so many stories being spread about the side effects of the vaccines that a layman and even many in the medical and paramedical field are confused about whether to opt for vaccination or not. I being at the forefront of the COVID19 battle, resolve to take the vaccine as soon as it is made available to me probably this month only. I am again proud that the medics and paramedics are again at the forefront taking the vaccine unhesitatingly setting an example to the community. I appeal to one and all in the country to proceed with the vaccination so as to dampen and stamp out the footprints of COVID19 from our country.
- This is my sincere and earnest appeal to all on the Happy COVID19 Vaccination Day. Jai Hind!!
- मकरसंक्रान्ति के बाद जिस तरह उत्तरायण सूर्य मंथर गति से विषवत रेखा की दहलीज़ लांघकर अक्षत ऊर्जा का संचार करता है, उसी तरह टीकाकरण भारत के लोगों के स्वास्थ्य में ऊष्मा भरे और अक्षत ऊर्जा का संचार करे। पतंग की ऊंचाइयों की तरह देश की महत्वाकांक्षाएं निरंतर ऊपर उठे —- टीकाकरण पर्व हर भांति मंगलमय हो!!!!
Dr Rajkamal Chaudhary, Asso. Prof Med, JLNMCH, Bhagalpur:
- The beginning of the nationwide vaccination drive against Covid-19 is to start in India on January 16, the Pune-based Serum Institute of India has told that some Adverse reactions can occur which the vaccine beneficiaries might have to face but they are rare and minimal.
- The recipients should understand the benefits and common side-effects of the Covishield vaccine which is made by Recombinant Technology, and has got permission to use in Emergency by the DGSA, the vaccine prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by the coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2.
- The Covishield vaccination course consists of two separate doses of 0.5 ml each. The second dose should be administered between four to six weeks after the first dose. However, there is data available for administration of the second dose up to 12 weeks after the first dose from the overseas studies say.
- It also cautioned that the vaccine may not protect everyone.
- The persons who are registered prior will only be given the vaccine and that too Medical Officers and Paramedical staff. Those above 50 years and with Premorbid conditions will be vaccinated after 3 months.
- In the last we should all remember – Vaccine Saves Lives however the vaccine should be Effective, free of Contamination and Acceptable to the community.
- Best of Luck to All.
Dr Venkatesh Molio, Maregoan, Goa:
- Vaccination is essential.
- Herd immunity will take time to develop.
- Some vaccine is better than no vaccine.
- Effect of vaccination will be known after few years.
- Choice of vaccine is not important at this stage as Govt is controlling the vaccination drive.
- We have to take two doses of vaccine come what may.
- Vigilance is necessary after taking vaccine.
- Sanitization, masks and social distancing have to continue on war footing.
- COVID-19 appropriate behavior is must after two doses of vaccine
Dr T R HemKumar, Diabetologist, Bengaluru:
- Science Triumphs again
Dr Hem Shankar Sharma, Asso. Prof Med, JLNMCH, Bhagalpur:
The D day is knocking at our doors! The visionaries of our country have done this. We must stand united and dedicate ourselves to fulfilling the commitment to fight with the dreaded Covid era !! As a Healthcare worker, it’s our prime duty to send the messages to cover and Achieve 100% Immunization, as planned in a phase wise manner. We have to do this…to show the World….INDIA CAN, INDIA WILL WIN…..this BATTLE…..
CME INDIA Tail Piece
POST COVID Vaccination:
Dr Bijay Patni, Kolkata asks:
Suppose you get some respiratory symptoms and RAPID ANTIGEN TEST(RAT) is done. What will be its STATUS? Will it be reliable? Would vaccination status affect “antigen” test result in a symptomatic patient?
Dr Venkatesh Molio, Maregoan, Goa:
Positive antigen test or nucleic acid test should not be attributed to vaccine. It’s positive for Covid.As vaccination does not affect antigen or nucleic acid test. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/post-vaccine-considerations-healthcare-personnel.html
Dr T R Hemkumar, Diabetologist, Bengaluru:
Should not be. Injected antigen would not be surfacing into the respiratory epithelium. Swab tests sample the mucus and respiratory epithelium. Don’t know the scenario when there is bleeding in the naso/oro pharynx soon after the vaccination
Positive viral (nucleic acid or antigen) tests for SARS-CoV-2, if performed, should not be attributed to the COVID-19 vaccine, as vaccination does not influence the results of these tests.
Discover CME INDIA
- Explore CME INDIA Repository
- Examine CME INDIA Case Study
- Read History Today in Medicine
- Register for Future CMEs